We know you have entrusted us with your most valuable asset, and we do not take that responsibility lightly. We hope to challenge each student daily and to share in the success each has as they move toward reaching their potential. This mission takes a strong level of trust and support from everyone involved. Please share your concerns and successes as we work together at making this year at River Birch Elementary a huge success for all our students, parents, and teachers.
You can access shortcuts to the online tools you need by clicking the Parents link at the top of this webpage. Below, you'll find links to additional resources for your experience at River Birch.
Daily Car Rider Procedures
The goal of our daily car rider procedures is to ensure safety of all children and families during arrival and dismissal. Different seasons require different precautions, and we will proactively communicate when and if anything changes our procedures below.
Arrival & Dismissal
We use door 14, or the kindergarten roundabout, to safely unload our River Birch learners onto the sidewalk to enter the building. When you arrive in our parking lot, continue toward door 14 and begin the line to drop off and pick up.
- Always unload your child onto the sidewalk, which means they need to exit and enter the passenger side of your car, truck, or SUV. You may need to move car seats around to ensure this is possible.
- For your safety, never get out of your car. The teachers on duty will assist your child into the passenger side of your car when needed.
- We are unable to allow children to enter your vehicle on the driver side.
- Post your car tag number on your passenger side visor to allow the teachers on duty to see your number quickly. This will increase the efficiency of our line.
- Help your child memorize your car tag number - this really helps those on duty.
There may be some afternoons you are in a rush to get to practice or piano lessons, if this is the case we recommend you park in the main parking lot and pick up your student inside. You'll find us in the kindergarten hallway. Make sure you bring your ID!
High Ability Program
At River Birch, we value every child as a learner. We make our programming decisions based on the multi-faceted criteria set forth by our district and the High Ability Broad Base Planning Committee. We utilize a cluster group service option at River Birch in all grades.
Visit the school corporation's website to learn more about our High Ability Program. You'll find information about identification, programs, and frequently asked questions. If you don't find what you're looking for, please contact us.
If you're new to our River Birch family, and your child has an IEP, please contact us. We want to ensure the very best learning experience from day one. Below you'll find contact information for the special education teachers in our school.
- Mrs. Nikki Levi, Resource Teacher
- Ms. Sara Brock, Resource Teacher
- Mrs. Amy Chisham, IMPACT Teacher
You'll find district Special Education information on the ACSC website. On this page you'll find announcements, files, resources, and contact information for our district leaders.
What is RTI?
RTI is a framework for prevention and early intervention which involves determining whether all students are learning and progressing adequately when provided with high quality instruction and intervention.
More information will be added very soon outlining the intervention process at River Birch Elementary. Stay tuned!